Exam Proctoring Policy
The Cedarburg Public Library (CPL) Adult Services staff will proctor examinations at the library for the general public by appointment during regular library hours. Appointments will be made at the convenience of the staff member’s schedule. Proctoring service is free for City of Cedarburg residents, ID with current address needs to be shown. Non-residents will be charged a $20 fee per exam to have their exam proctored, the fee needs to be paid at the start of the exam.
To schedule an appointment, contact the CPL Adult Services Department by phone at 262-375-7640, ext. 200 or click the "Book a Librarian" button below:
Please be prepared to provide the following information before scheduling your appointment:
- The preferred date and time for the examination.
- Contact information for instructor or other person responsible for exam details.
- Your institution/instructor may have specific requirements for proctoring. Check with the proctor to make sure the Library can meet all requirements.
- Tests offered in a computer format must be compatible with the hardware/software available on the Library workstations. Computers automatically shut down 15 minutes prior to closing.
- Provide necessary postage for mailing test back to the institution, if applicable.
- Students must reimburse the library for any copying costs to print exams at .20 per page. Double sided pages are .20 each side.
- Students need to pay the fee to have an exam faxed:
- Local numbers $1.50/first page $1/each following page
- Long distance $2/first psage $1.50/each following page
- Arrive on time with a current photo I.D. and any other requirements specified by the instructor.
- Proctors will enforce all rules in the examination guidelines.
- Library staff cannot guarantee a quiet environment or constant supervision.
- Library emergencies or computer failures that cause an interruption during the exam will be reported to the institution by the proctor.
- Exams not taken by the date on which they were to be completed are discarded.
- The Library reserves the right to substitute a proctor.
- The proctor reserves the right to cancel or postpone an appointment if test materials are not received on time; if test materials require clarification; if test materials incur expense; or if test materials exceed our ability to comply with the testing institution’s requirements.
- Contact the library if you are unable to appear for the exam.
Approved by the Cedarburg Public Library Board of Trustees on October 24, 2018